Thursday, February 13, 2014

Commissioning a Painting - It's Easier Than You Think!

Are you looking for a dynamic, abstract painting to finish or refresh your space? I make the process of commissioning an artwork a painless and even enjoyable experience through understanding and being responsive to time constraints and working in close collaboration with my clients. Below are just a few examples of recently completed projects:


Installation view of "Abstract Landscape (ocean no.1)" Oil on canvas, 72 x 72"

I was commissioned to do this large-scale abstract for a private collector's family room. As you can see, they needed something big and dynamic to activate the space. To start the project, I completed 4 works on paper to serve as study references for the larger painting. My client selected the work below and asked for a few revisions before I continued on to the final painting. The whole process took approximately 6 weeks.


"Abstract Landscape (oceans 1)" Study painting on paper for large-scale commission




For this commission, my client wanted a piece that referenced the abstract painting below. I revised the work and expanded the composition to create a horizontally oriented artwork perfectly scaled for the space. As an abstract painter with a focus on color, structure and shape - I welcome the opportunity to do these variations, they dovetail perfectly with my painting practice.


"Dark Landscape" Variable edition painting

 View more variations on a theme.

Subscribe
For show announcements, studio news, special offers, and new work previews.






No comments:

Post a Comment