Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Golden Triangle - "Made in Chicago"

 Installation view of "Abstract Study (red)"



Fourteen of my works were recently on display at The Golden Triangle in Chicago. The Golden Triangle has a richly eclectic collection of European and Asian antiques and artifacts as well as their own modern works hand-crafted from salvaged hardwoods. It is a compelling blend of ancient and modern that transcends chronological and national boundaries. Every piece they have is gorgeous and stands the test of time.






I believe in the power of my artwork to maintain its relevancy and function well in a variety of interiors from traditional to transitional to modern. I was excited, but have to admit, a bit nervous as to how well my paintings and works on paper would perform visually at The Golden Triangle. Thankfully, co-owner Doug Van Tress had the experience and vision to curate just the right mix.





Viewing my work in this context has been a real eduction. I now see possibilities that did not previously exist for me. This is a great exercise for collectors as well - taking contemporary work out of the "white box" gallery and showing how it can function in a furnished space. Thank you to the team at The Golden Triangle for giving me this opportunity.

Also showing are 3 very talented artists - Margaret Harris, Laurel Feldman and Jacob Wener of Modern Industry. The show runs through May 31st, 2013:




"Made in Chicago"
May 16-31, 2013
The Golden Triangle
330 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654
312-755-1266


For show announcements, studio news, special offers, and new work previews.

No comments:

Post a Comment