Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Inside the Studio


artist and her dog in studio

I was recently  featured on Saatchi Online's Inside the Studio spot - check out my interview below:

Favorite material to work with?
I am a materials junky. I love to mix anything and everything that interests me onto canvas or paper. Most of what I do would fall under the category of “mixed media” yet I find that description by itself insufficient. In the media section I list everything that actually goes into each piece. I like the transparency of having that information available in case it’s of interest to young artists and clients. Sometimes the description is as simple as oil & collage on canvas. For the works on paper, however, I usually have a laundry list of conventional and unconventional materials such as acrylic, graphite, charcoal, duct tape, vinyl wall covering material,  foam core, decorative paper, etc… The only guideline I have when mixing materials is that they be as archival as possible. Experimentation is an important part of the work but I also want my art to hold together over time, so I prioritize using high quality materials.

Read the entire interview here.

For show announcements, studio news, special offers, and new work previews.


artist in studio

No comments:

Post a Comment